Friday, September 7, 2012

Tomahawk Choppin'

This was evidently my lucky week (I need to go play the lottery), because along with winning tickets to Medieval Times, I also won tickets to not only see a Braves game, but to MEET THE PLAYERS!! I won the tickets on Q100, and then later discovered that I had won the grand prize of meeting the players during their batting practice. While I was so thrilled to win the tickets, I was mortified to hear myself on the radio....I sounded like Honey-Boo-Boo....I swear I'm a somewhat intelligent individual....I'll work on that. :)

Check out our "once in a lifetime" experience:

We got there around 4:00, and had time to check out the neat-o scenery of Turner Field.

 Then we hung out at the "755 Club" after getting our tickets:

Then, it was off to the field to meet the players and watch batting practice. Here's Jason Heyward:

Coach Fredi Gonzalez:

Brian McCann (my fav) ~ he gave Nora a little wink:

A ball I "caught" from McCann (aka ~ it rolled to my feet). :)

Josh & Ella (with the best smile EVER), with McCann behind them.

Dan Uggla....who has very nice....eh....form. ;) (He's not too "uggla.") ;)

I was mostly in awe of Pendleton.....he was THE man when I was growing up. :)
....and he was great ~ he gave us several balls:

Love this one ~ Heyward & Bourne

Michael Bourne was one of the SWEETEST and most social players. He spoke to all of the girls, even Claira. :)

 Martin Prado was also extremely nice:

And here's Tim Hudson chatting with us and signing our baseballs:

After the somewhat surreal experience, we went up to our seats, ate our "smuggled in" McDonald's, and enjoyed cooling off for a bit:

CHEERS!!

Loving the blimps and airplane advertisements:

 And Claira just loved EVERYTHING....she's an "outside" kind of gal:




And wherever we go, the diapers never cease to be changed (and Nora and Ella being goofballs in the background):

Nora and Ella loved the game and would cheer and tomahawk chop, and of course, DANCE. But their favorite was the "big ball."

 It was a very swell time. We didn't stay for the whole game since it was uber-hot and we'd been there since 4:00, but the Braves won 1-0.

Awesome. Plain and simple. Go Bravos!!!









2 comments:

  1. wow! you are one lucky girl! that's awesome! looks like the family had a fabulous time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey boo-boo chile, it looks like ya'll had fun!! LOL And your baby's face in one of the pictures looks like she is having the time of her life!! Good things happen to great people, that's all! :)

    ReplyDelete