Grandmama (or "Mammie" as the girls called her) loved the fair, flowers, and PINK. She would check out the fair flowers every year and awe at them (and make fun of some others). :) She even entered one of her flowers one year and was so proud that she actually one a ribbon!! :) While I miss her so, I smile at her memory, and I feel that she is "with me" often.....particularly this night. That's why it was such a great time!! I hope to create numerous "fair memories" for my girls just like she helped to create for me.
Right when we get there, we immediately notice all of the groovy lights and music.....
Every year, we always go see the animals first.....they were extra-stinky this year. :)
(twins?!?)
Then, we headed straight to the potty, where we ran into the neato robot (he LOVED the girls' hair).
And to nobody's surprise, we headed straight for the FOOD next. We winded up buying food from the South Cobb High School Band stand (our Alma Mater.....Go War Eagles!!). It was delish. Josh, however, had to also grub on a 14-dollar polish sausage......nice.
Then, it was off to ride some rides. Thankfully, we could purchase the "buy one bracelet, ride all you want" deal, so we rode 'til we couldn't ride anymore....
Check out Nora's "puke-face." I love my kid. :)
We also rode Nemo.....
....the boats....
.....the train....
......the panda butt.....
....the boats....with guns....
.....the dragons.....
.....the "Beulah Bees"......
.....the motorcycles....
....and the teacups. :)
Lea and I got to "sneak off" for a bit and ride some adult-rides. I can't remember the last time I went upside-down, so needless to say, it was an experience. You should have seen us both trying to FIT into ONE wheelie-cart. It was quite awesome. We laughed so hard, we hurt. :)
....and once again, Claira just had to sit back and watch everyone else have fun.....but she's OK with that. :)
After walking around for hours (with the "big girls" always hand-in-hand....SO sweet),
...and stopping for funnel cakes.....(duh. 'Ya can't come to the fair and NOT eat funnel cakes),
.....Ella started to get really tired.
But she perked right up when we mentioned home-made ice cream!!
The home-made strawberry ice cream is a little taste of HEAVEN.
After eating our weight in ice cream, we decided to head on home. The girls fell asleep within 3 minutes of being in the van, so they couldn't have a bath that night......they kinda smelled like mules the next day, but that's okay. It was WELL worth it!!
So, cheers to the Fair, Fall, Family.....
.....and my "Mammie." ;)





























fun fun!!!! funnel cakes are MUST and so delicious!!!!!!
ReplyDelete