Check out our awesomeness:
Prior to the show, we had a little "pre-party" in my classroom (please note my righteous Promethean Board in the background....don't know how I ever taught without this thing!!) Here's me and the girls and Nora's BFF, Faryn Bella!! Faryn is my assistant principal's little girl who is also in the Dual Language Program. Claira is in her new sling that she LOVED - I was so glad that she finally got to come and meet all of mommy's friends at work. (The sling is great - last Sunday we went for a "hike," and Josh tied Claira to me with a SHEET. Needless to say, I went the next day and bought a sling). :)
Before Jose came on, Nora got her first school medal for completing her SOAR project.
She was sooooooo proud!!!!! :)
Here comes Jose!! Nora said a few weeks ago that "He's like a Mexican Wiggle" ~ I guess she's kinda right??? ;)
Here's my dear friend, Tracy (aka Mrs. Moore), "raising the roof" with Jose. :) Tracy is the coordinator of the Dual Language Program. Because of her dreams and efforts (and an excellent staff), this program has thrived tremendously. Up until very recently, Beulah was the ONLY non-chartered, public school in the entire state of Georgia to have an immersion program with 2 languages. Now, many schools throughout the state are following in Beulah's footsteps....the program never ceases to amaze our visitors.....even those from the state department!!! ;)
And here's my Marla (aka Mrs. Turpin, or "Annabelle's mommy").....she never disappoints either!! ;) ***side note about Marla and I ~ this is our 8th year teaching together, and for 4 of those years, we actually job-shared the same class. We were referred to as Mrs. NERPIN (Nesbitt + Turpin = Nerpin). We each have 3 girls who will all eventually be in the same grade level (Addie & Ella actually share the exact same birthday). We have clearly been sharing too much water or something.... ;)
Nora got to go up on stage to help Jose perform!! ;)
They're singing "Itsy Bitsy Spider".....in Spanish!!
I honestly have no clue what this song was, but the kids didn't miss a beat. :)
Then, Mrs. White and Senorita Hutchinson (Nora's Spanish teacher) had a turn (they should both probably tour with him....they turned it out). ;)
Jose knows how to please a crowd....he's pleasing to the young and old, and even to those who don't have a clue as to what he's singing in Spanish (like me). The important thing is, our babies know what he's saying thanks to the Dual Language Program. :)
Even Daddy had to go up to the front row and break it down for a bit.... ;)
After the show, we went to Monterrey's to eat dinner since we were in the "Mexican mood." It was dark outside which was a big deal for the girls since we never go out to eat that late. ;) The mariachi band played and the girls were mesmerized. The greatest part is that Nora actually speaks to the waiters and waitresses in Spanish. It's crazy (in such a remarkable way). Nora and Ella are STILL talking about the Jose show!! Check him out at www.JoseLuisOrozco.com:
Now for a sappy part: I consider it a true blessing to work at Beulah Elementary. It is a blessing to teach children that are filled with different backgrounds, languages, and "colors"....yet, they see no differences in each other. It is a blessing that my own children will get language opportunities in this school that other schools and districts may never even consider. It is a blessing that I have such amazing coworkers who support each other in all professional and personal aspects of life. It is a blessing that Nora can step into any room in that school, and I know she will be loved and looked after. What else can I say?? When I count my blessings at night, Beulah is always on the list. :)
Te quiero, Jose-Luis!! Te quiero, Beulah Bees!!













Okay so now after reading this awesome blog post I feel really guilty for not coming to the PTO meeting. I'll catch the next one for sure. -kia
ReplyDelete