Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Deck the Harrs.....FaRaRaRaRa!!!

Ahhhhh....decorating for Christmas!! One of my favorite things in the world!!! Decorating began a few weeks ago, shortly after Halloween (that's how I roll.....putting up lights and stockings while eating Halloween candy!!) :) Although I absolutely ADORE our obnoxious 12-ft. tree, it's really a bummer when only half of the lights work:
After making 15 bajillion trips to Walmart to get new lights and extension cords, we finally began decorating:
Nora had to pause every 5 minutes for a dance break. No, really. True story. Her twinkle-toes and jazz-hands are out of control. :)
And Clairy had to pause frequently to eat. Little pig. "High five for dinner, Daddy!!"
Thanks to Grandmommie & Paw, we have inherited a new recliner.....Josh's favorite thing in the whole wide world!! After a FULL day of decorating, we got to lounge around in it (and Nora hit the hay early.....too much dancing and decorating for a 7-year-old!!)
Although decorating literally took ALL.DAY.LONG, I can't fully get the job done without my mama. As always, she's my "little elf" that can climb that ladder and decorate at the top like nobody's business!! 
My little elf with my COMPLETED tree!! Like all other things in life, I can't do it without her!!
But we didn't stop at the tree. Nora suggested that we turn her reading nook into a gingerbread house this year. Why not?? We got some paper, plates, markers, and glitter, and went to town (***disclosure - excuse all the "nakedness" - I don't let them paint with shirts on.....it's always a disaster). :)
Nora found a way to.....uh....."cover up." :)
Here's a little before and after:
The girls were very proud. I didn't anticipate it to last this long, but the paper-made gingerbread house is still going strong!! :)
I'll leave you with a shot of my ridiculous tree that is truly on it's last leg. But I don't care. It makes me so happy.....even though the lights don't work, it leans, most of the branches are falling off, and Josh cusses it profusely every time he has to get it up the stairs and assemble it. :) I love it so very much. 
Happy decorating!! 'Tis the season to be jorry!!!

FaRaRaRaRa!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment