Sunday, December 15, 2013

A Snow Throwback!!

The day before Thanksgiving, it snowed......for like, 6 minutes....literally. 
I woke up my girls at 5:30 am so they could see it (excuse Nora.....she apparently had taken off her clothes in the middle of the night.....my hot-natured kids tend to do that frequently). :)
Since it truly only lasted for 6 minutes, I thought I would do a "Snow Throwback" to catch-up on a memory. In 2011, we had a mac-daddy snow that kept us out of school for a whole week!!
Before the snow hit, Lea and Grandmama decided to come stay with us!! We had such a great time sledding (on garbage can lids), building snowmen and having snowball fights, EATING, doing puzzles, and watching movies. Such a fun memory!!
I decided to show everyone how to sled appropriately......
......just throw your feet up and GO!!!!!!! ;)
Lea taught Nora to sled, also (Nora was only 4 at the time). :)
Daddy thought that HE was the best sledder....
But he pails in comparison to my dynamite skills.....
Snowball fights!!!!
By the end of the week, I had literally lost my mind from cabin fever. So, I found some old paint, and used my walls as canvases. I painted dandelions on my bathroom......
.....and a gigantic tree in my hallway. Lord only knows what would happen if I were ever stuck in the house for two weeks!!! :)
I'll leave you with a picture of the "incomplete" us......Clairy arrived a year and a half later. I'm anxious for her to experience some snow!!! :)
Cheers to snow!!!
Hopefully we will see some more in the next month or two!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment