Normally, we have our pumpkin carved about a week before Halloween, but this year, some sort of rodent "had his way" with our beautiful, round pumpkin, so we had to get some rinky-dink pumpkins at the last minute. Therefore, we carved our rinky-dink pumpkins THE DAY BEFORE Halloween. Of course, we had to get homework done first.......here's a little video of my bilingual baby reading one of her Spanish books....
Once homework was conquered, we could focus on the rinky-dink pumpkins. Nora and Ella decorated their's and Clairy's with stickers. They were very proud!!
Then, it was time to carve the main rinky-dink pumpkin. Daddy, Ella, and Nora dove in....
The next day was finally HALLOWEEN!!! Here's our witch, the witch's black kitty......
.....and the witch's "magical pumpkin" (head-piece compliments of the pipe-cleaners of one of Nora's FAVORITE teachers ~ art teacher Mrs. Fulton!!!)
Here's our special 3 together......
Off to Grandmommie's & Paw-Paw's we went (and this is one of my FAVORITE pictures of all time....for many reasons).
I was a deer (again, pipe-cleaners compliments of Mrs Fulton!!! And Clairy-Berry was either really mesmerized or really scared of her little "light-up" ghost).
And Daddy was the deer-HUNTER.....can you see him in his camouflage??? (Holding Matthew and Claira....who had already changed into her pajamas....I so wish I had gotten a picture of both of them in their "pumpkin onesies!!")
And Lilah was a cowgirl.....
Finally, it was time to go trick-or-treating .....
We ran into Senorita Hutchinson with her son, Christopher (which excited Nora soooooo much), but since I had an "extra bundle" to carry this year, I had to leave the camera at home. :( But thankfully, I got a picture of all of us before retiring the camera for the night....
Nora thought it was "wayyyyy, gross!!"
Claira and I hung out on the porch and watched all the pumpkin-action....
However, I did make my contribution by drawing the face of the little pumpkin (ya know, that takes REAL SKILLS!!!)
Daddy "cheated" this year by using his "power-tools" to carve the rinky-dink (if you look closely in the background, you can see our initial beautiful pumpkin that had been violated by a large rodent......and yes, it's sitting on our deep-freezer....that's in the yard.....waiting to be cleaned.....it's all about CLASS and impressing our neighbors this Halloween.) ;)
Our rinky-dink turned out pretty great if you ask me.....ears and all....
.....and the witch's "magical pumpkin" (head-piece compliments of the pipe-cleaners of one of Nora's FAVORITE teachers ~ art teacher Mrs. Fulton!!!)
Here's our special 3 together......
Off to Grandmommie's & Paw-Paw's we went (and this is one of my FAVORITE pictures of all time....for many reasons).
I was a deer (again, pipe-cleaners compliments of Mrs Fulton!!! And Clairy-Berry was either really mesmerized or really scared of her little "light-up" ghost).
And Daddy was the deer-HUNTER.....can you see him in his camouflage??? (Holding Matthew and Claira....who had already changed into her pajamas....I so wish I had gotten a picture of both of them in their "pumpkin onesies!!")
And Lilah was a cowgirl.....
Finally, it was time to go trick-or-treating .....
We ran into Senorita Hutchinson with her son, Christopher (which excited Nora soooooo much), but since I had an "extra bundle" to carry this year, I had to leave the camera at home. :( But thankfully, I got a picture of all of us before retiring the camera for the night....
Happy Halloweenies!!!!!! ;)


















No comments:
Post a Comment