Anyhoo, my birthday week was truly awesome. It just so happened that it was also "Red Ribbon Week" (or as I say everyday, "Wed Wibbon Week"), so the teachers got to wear jeans everyday to work. That in itself was a gift enough, but I had many other surprises and blessings to make the week special. Here's Nora and I "dressed up" each day for Wed Wibbon Week:
On Monday, we simply wore RED to kick the week off:
Tuesday, we "turned our backs on drugs," so we had to wear our clothes backwards:
Wednesday was "sock it to drugs" day.....and yes, Nora's feet are nearly the size of mine. :)
Thursday, we were striving to "BEE drug-free," so we had to dress like Beulah BEES:
Friday was "put drugs to sleep" day, so we got to wear our pajamas....I wish everyday were pajama day!!
When I got to school on my birthday, I was surprised by many goodies from my coworker friends. I had some Chick-Fil-A breakfast waiting on me from Ms. Dorsey, some candy-corn (fat-free goodness) and lottery tickets from Mrs. Bowen (I actually WON $16!!! Holla!!), and some Bed, Bath, and Beyonce Goodies from Mrs. Williams. Plus, Ms. Rush made me some of her famous Purple Passion. I also had countless cards and warm wishes from my friends and students. Sweet little Beulah Blessings. :)
My sweet hubs also sent me some birthday flowers:
Earlier in the week, Josh had also bought me a few "document frames" so that I could hang up my diplomas, including my newly-received doctorate diploma. Mrs. Miller actually announced me as "DOCTOR Nesbitt" over the intercom this week......that was so WEIRD and NEATO at the same time :)
That night, Grandmama watched all 3 girls while Josh and I went on a birthDATE to Pappasito's....mmmm...
And yes, I cleaned my plate....sirloin, diablo shrimp, beans-n-rice, and chicken enchilada....along with a billion chips and cheese dip. Don't hate. :)

Birthday festivities aside, it was a pretty busy week....Nora had her 6-year doctor's appt (thumbs up to NO SHOTS!!):
And Claira had her 4-month checkup later on in the week. She, however, did have to get 2 shots. :( We have to take her back next week to get another shot because she had a tummy-ache during her visit (in the words of Nora....she had the "RHEA"). Dr. Dauphin said that she felt strongly that "the rhea" could be due to her teething, but she didn't want to give her a particular shot just to be on the safe side (that equals another shot next week....great). Here's Daddy at the doctor's office trying to make Clairy-Berry feel better:
Even though she hasn't felt the best this week, she can now eat CEREAL!!! Here's her first time attempting...we still can't figure out her reaction...
All of this, on top of dance practice, road runners, deer hunting, football games, and festivals......this is how we all felt every night this week....
(side note.....Alyssa Barnes recently asked me, "Drew, does your middle kid ever wear clothes?" HA!! The answer to that is ..... not really. :) While Nora changes clothes a billion times a day, Ella prefers to just have an abundance of "naked-Ella time." :)
So, here's to being another year older.....
......but always young at heart! :)













31--not an old fart by any means - you're in your prime girl! Happy happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great time. Love all the picts!
ReplyDelete