Saturday, June 11, 2016

Memorial Day Weekend '16!!

Memorial Day Weekend was spent with great friends and good laughs!! We spent a lot of time at our neighborhood pools, where the girls would have a watergun fight with anyone they encountered:
Getting Daddy GOOOOOOD:
They "promised" that they wouldn't squirt me when I got into the pool, but ya know, they lie:
Silly girls:
I love that they still run to Mommy when they're tired....always be my babies :)
We also headed over to our pals, the Jordans,' for some yummy ribs and fireworks on Saturday night, Always a great time with our friends at "Club Gub." :)
Found a little mermaid, sweet Halle-girl:
Sweet friends checking out the "critters" outside:
Fireworks time!!
"Uncle Bug" is not the safest fire-starter. Like, can we NOT try to start the fireworks while holding them??? My nerves couldn't handle it.....
But the fireworks were pretty and fun and nobody died. So, I guess he knew what he was doing after all. :)
He had to run away from this one. Oh, my nerves. MY NERVES.
Clairy couldn't take it either. :)
Fun with sparklers:
The Sparkler Nerd:
Always a super-fun time with the Jordan family :)

And, it's always a fun time with the Bowen family!! We spent the actual Memorial Day with them. Heading up to the lake (in the back of the truck, of course):
Eating at the marina:
And listening to the veterans perform us (they sang John Prine songs, and Josh new E-V-E-R-Y word). :)
We hung out on the boat for a few hours. Perfect day for it!!!
Captain Terrance:
Little fishies:
Tyson recently lost THREE front teeth, and has a smile that I could look at all day!! 
Party pooper:
On the way back home....
....to play Just Dance, of course!! 
TJ and I also had a Just Dance battle. I won by far. (side note - TJ also fell asleep on the boat while holding an umbrella, and we got the best pictures EVER. But, since I love him, I won't post those....he looks a little dead....with his mouth open and everything. HA!!)

TJ is Clairy's BFF. She taught him how to play Temple Run. She has CrAzY Temple Run skills. A hidden talent of our 3-year-old:

All in all, it was a BEAUTIFUL 3-day weekend spent with wonderful friends. We remember and salute those who gave their lives so we could enjoy such pleasures and freedom.

Cheers to freedom, and friends who are like family!

No comments:

Post a Comment