I honestly cannot BELIEVE another school year has come to a close!! I'm not sure if it was because I taught Nora this year and had the best class EVER, but this school year truly went by in a blink of an eye!! It blows my mind that we're about to have a fourth-grader, a second-grader, and a Pre-K-er!!! AHHHH!!!! Where are my babies?!?!
Anyhoo, it was truly another wonderful year, and it was extra-special since I got to teach my Nora (she did amazingly well, by the way!! So extremely proud of her. And even though she was very nervous to take her first standardized test, she blew it out of the water!!)
Here's a recap of some of our recent Beulah Fun:
101st Day of School
For the second year in a row, we all dressed as the 101 Dalmations on the 101st day of school, and we had spirit night at Chuck-E-Cheese!! Always a fun time with ol' Chuck!!
Nora and her BFF since kindergarten, Faryn :)
Dancing with Chuck
Sneaking a selfie with Chuckie:
Family Valentine's Day
We also had a family Valentine's Day Dance. So much fun to dance the night away!!
We got there a little early to help set up :) #firstdibsonpizza
Bowen and I always have to show the kids how to turn it up!! :)
Ella found the sweetest dance partner EVER :)
Program Challenge - Pirate Ship Construction
Ella, our little brainiac, qualified for Program Challenge, the gifted program at school this year. Her first project was to construct a pirate ship out of recycled materials at home that could actually float and "carry cargo." She and Daddy had a great time making it!!
Finished product!!
This little pirate also got to go on a PC field trip to the Tellus Museum!! She had a blast :)
Celebrating at Georgia State
Two of our students wrote and submitted essays IN SPANISH and won a statewide competition, and they were presented awards and MONEY at Georgia State University!! We taught such smart and well-rounded kids this year!! These kiddos made us teachers look really good - they even got us featured in magazines!! HA!!
(side note - Nora's dance class was also featured in the same magazine. :) She was super excited for us to be "local celebrities" this month). :) :) :)
After celebrating with our sweet friends at Georgia State (my alma mater - Go Panthers), we headed over to Hard Rock Cafe for some lunch :)
Field Trip Fun
While Ella got to go to the Tellus Museum for PC, she also got to go to Sweetwater Park with her first-grade class. Thank you to Mrs. Emily for snapping a few pictures for me!!
Also, our 3rd-graders visited the Fernbank Museum:
Senora Gist and the kids discussing the artifacts in espanol :)
Just the best group of kids EVER.
Find Nora :)
Such a goofball.
Art Show + Soccer Night
The same day we attended our field trip, we also had our Art Show/Family Soccer Night. This mama was POOPED by the time we got home. But, I wouldn't miss it for the world :)
Ella's artwork:
Nora's artwork:
Love seeing all the artwork. Mrs. Fulton does a GREAT job!!
Off to soccer night!! My favorite goalie:
We finished up the night with some Kona Ice, and a Disney-themed performance by our chorus. (btw, Nora is STOKED to finally be able to join chorus next year in 4th grade!! She's literally been talking about it since kindergarten). :) Ella got a Kona of EVERY flavor:
Field Days
Our field days were Star-Wars-themed this year!!! PERFECTION!! Aren't these the cutest shirts ever?? "May the fun be with you!"
As usual, the girls had a BLAST with all of the games:
So, Nora had first dibs on "Dunk Dr. Nesbitt," and that little turkey got me on the very first try!!!
Awards Day (and last days of school)
Both of our girls RACKED UP in awards!! They worked so hard this year, and I can't tell you how proud I am of both of them. I couldn't get as many pictures of Nora as I wanted because I was helping direct the 3rd-grade awards ceremony, but here's some of her "loot:"
Ella's class put on a little show for us before receiving their awards (in Spanish, of course):
And while she received all of this.....
....she also took home the Principal's Award from her class!!
Some of my precious kiddos signing beach balls on the last day of school. I'll miss them so much. AMAZING GROUP OF KIDS!!!
Nora and her favorite Spanish teacher (and my soulmate/partner in crime), Senora Kenelma Gist. I'm so blessed to have Kenelma teach Nora this year. She took Nora's understandings of Spanish and math to a whole new level and pushed her to excel. Lucky student, lucky mommy!!
I'll end with one of my favorite pictures captured by our talented counselor, Katie Dorsey. Here's Nora laughing with some of her precious friends and outstanding Coach Hubbard, our Teacher of the Year:
To me, this picture represents everything that Beulah is: diversity, friendship, love, laughter, acceptance, and above all, HAPPINESS. It's just a happy place. You will never, ever, EVER find a school with better kids, or staff that loves like family. It's home.
Cheers to another beautiful year at the HIVE!!




No comments:
Post a Comment