Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Ella Graduates Kindergarten!!

This school year went by with a blink of an eye. TRULY. And now I have a first-grader, and third-grader, and an almost-3-year-old. I really, really, really, really, REALLY need for time to slow down a bit. Ugh.

Kindergarten graduation was completely bittersweet, but it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. It was held at Beulah Baptist Church, and all of the tiny graduates got to wear their caps and gowns. 

We waited patiently for the little grads to enter:
Here they come!!
Before they received their "diplomas," a few of the students received some awards. Ella received the Music Award from her beloved Mrs. Escobar!!
Up on the big screen!!
Finally, it was time for the graduates to walk to receive their diplomas:
And if all of that wasn't emotional enough, they all sang a goodbye song: "Start spreading the news, I'm leaving today. I want to be a part of it: FIRST GRADE. FIRST GRADE!!" There wasn't a dry eye in sight.
Singing her heart art:
I DID IT!!!
Ready for some cake and punch at the reception:
Her biggest cheerleaders:
The proudest of parents:
The girls LOVVVVE their counselor, Ms. Dorsey (Mommie loves her, too - my "dorse").
Proud grandparents:
Mrs. Escobar :)
The BEST kindergarten teacher on the face of the planet, and that is no exaggeration. We love you, Sra. Edwards!!
After leaving the reception, we headed back to Beulah for some "bilingual surprises!!" :)
We went ahead and taped Claira's mouth because she was into EVERYTHING.....the tape didn't work :)
First up, the kids performed a play of "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" in SPANISH!! Ella shared a part with her great friends, Vanessa & Evan:
Have a listen:
Mrs. Moore introducing our performers and further explaining the beauty of Dual Language:
Sra. Edwards' sweet Daddy also came to help with the performances. The kids ROCKED their Spanish songs:
Have another listen to some Spanish sweetness: :)
Now it's awards time!!! Ella received so many awards for her excellent reading and Spanish skills. We are so very proud of her!!
After all the festivities, Daddy checked everybody out early to go shop for some "celebration goodies" :)
Claira was possessed at this point. She had sat quietly for wayyyyy too long :)
Where else to celebrate graduation than grandmama's pool?? Our first dips of the year!!
Daddy grilled some yumminess....
....while Mommy swam with her graduate :)
But after we ate, Daddy joined in on the pool fun: CANNONBALL!!
We celebrated and played until we were water-logged:
Aqua Man:
Josh and Lea fight in the pool like they are forever 12-years-old:
"I want a tun on you back, Heee-a" ~ Claira
"I not gettin' off." ~ Claira, again
Such a bittersweet, fun-filled day to celebrate another milestone of my Ella:

And as for you, my little graduate, you continue to make me more proud with each passing day. Your heart, mind, spirit, and wise little soul are truly like no other six-year-old. God has AMAZING things in store for you, and I will always be here to hold your hand throughout your journey. You are my sunshine even on the cloudiest of days.

I love you so, my sweet Ella-Bobs!!




No comments:

Post a Comment