We've had a lot of summer celebrations within the past couple of weeks!! Check out some of our recent revelries:
Our 11th Wedding Anniversary
Daddy and I spent our 11th anniversary in Tybee Island, one of our favorite spots!! Here's how we felt about being kidless for the weekend:
We stopped off at the Pirate's House in Savannah to have lunch and celebrate like pirates!! I use to LOVE going to the Pirate's House as a kid - can't wait to take the girls so they can have memories of it, too:
Josh pulled out his pocket knife so we could walk through the alleys. Big dummy.
We shopped and snacked up and down River Street, but our favorite stop was this neato art gallery:
We finally headed over to Tybee - Daddy went straight for the Savannah River to do a little fishing:
It's so peaceful to watch the big ships come in. One of my FAVORITE things in life!!
We didn't catch anything, but enjoyed hanging out and enjoying the PEACE and each other :)
We, later on, headed over to South Beach to eat, drink, be merry, and PEOPLE WATCH at the beach!! :) No place to people watch like Tybee Island!! :)
We also did a little shopping.....
I had to get a picture with my favorite girl in my favorite store, T.S. Chu's. This fortune teller use to scare the CRAP out of me every year when I was a kid, but I couldn't get enough of her. I'm so very glad that she is still around. She brings back so many fun memories :)
What is cooler than Foghorn Leghorn and a shark on a wall??? Nothing. The answer is nothing.
Eating at Daddy's favorite restaurant in the whole wide world: The Crab Shack :)
The next morning, we did a little early-morning fishing.
While Daddy caught a few small fish, he also caught this ugly thang. Pure evil:
Somehow, we always winded back up at Fannie's restaurant. Beautiful views, great food, and awesome atmosphere:
Plus, where else can I go to dance by myself with all the senior citzens??
Last night on the beach: "Is it already time to go back??"
Love you, Josh. Happy 11 years!!
Josh's 35th Birthday
Daddy officially hit the "MID-thirty" mark this year!! To celebrate, the Nesbitt Clan had a family dinner at Gumbeaux's:
We also had a little ice cream cake at Grandmommy's & Paw's:
And, we enjoyed a sunset boat ride :)
When we pulled up to the marina to park the boat, the marina was blaring one of Daddy's favorite songs: "You and me going fishing in the dark....." Such a perfect fit for the birthday boy!! :)
Father's Day
To celebrate Father's Day, we had a low country boil dinner with Grandmommie & Paw :)
Yummo!!
New Straws!!!
We ended the night with singing some of our favorite hymns on the piano (plus a few Elvis tunes):
Such a fun day to celebrate our Daddies!!
Claira's ACTUAL Birthday
You 'may have seen on our last post that we had Claira's party last weekend, but her actual birthday fell on Monday, June 22nd. So, we had one more mini-celebration to celebrate our official 3-year-old.
Birthday candle on an ice cream cup:
We gave her the choice of what she wanted to do, and she said, "Go to the beach!!" So, that's just what we did :)
Perfect evening to swim in the lake.....
....and build sandcastles!!
I will leave you with the sweetest little "summer celebration." I had just laid Claira down for a nap a few weeks ago, and I came out to find the big girls singing in the rain. They celebrate summer on and hourly basis:
Celebrate Good Times, Come On!!!














No comments:
Post a Comment