Now that summer is in full effect, I need to reflect back on all the fun this school year brought. I so enjoyed having both Ella and Nora with me all year!! Many school memories (like the first day of school, Christmas performances, Kindergarten graduation, etc.) got their own blog posts, but honestly, it was such a FUN year filled with many memorable experiences. Here's a quick recap of the school year that flew by with a blink of an eye:
Dress-Up Days!
Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE to get dressed up in costumes and such (I know, I'm a nerd), so I was very excited that we had so many dress-up days this year!! Seems like every week we were dressing up for something - SCORE!! Here are just a few of the many costume-filled days:
Pajama Day right before Thanksgiving - The 3rd Grade Team won $50 for dressing like Thanksgiving Turkeys!! :)
Superhero Day!!
Homework Heroes!!
Royal Readers:
100 years old for the 100th Day of School - HA!!
"Smarties" for GMAS testing!!
Family-Filled Dining:
We had various days that we invited families in to eat with us (Dining with Dad, Munching with Mom), but our FAVORITE was Grandparents Day!! :)
Hispanic Heritage Festival:
Such a fun and DELICIOUS festival - complete with games and a mariachi band!!
that face....
101 Days of School:
On the 101st day of school, we all dressed up like the 101 Dalmations!! After school, everyone headed over to spirit night at Chuck-E-Cheese!!! :)
The teachers got to get inside the ticket booth - I got almost 600 tickets!! WINNING!!
Fun times for ALL!!
Claira was so engrossed by the mechanical Chuck-e.....
....so she was THRILLED to meet the REAL Chuck-e!!
Daddy was thrilled to meet him, too....apparently :)
2nd Grade Field Trip:
I was so happy to go on Nora's field trip with her to see the Atlanta Symphony!!
Pals all around!! :)
Symphony Selfie :)
Such a neat experience:
After every song, Nora would say, "That was beautiful!" It was right up her alley!!
The show was very energetic and kid-friendly!! Two thumbs up!!
Art Show + Soccer Night:
Our specials teachers did a PHENOMENAL job on the Art Show and Soccer Night, not to mention that Chorus performed a Disney show (Nora CANNOT WAIT to join chorus!!)
Of course, we couldn't start the night off without first having a Mexican dinner with the Bowens!!
Nora's Art:
Ella's Art:
Soccer Fun:
How we looked within 5 minutes of being home:
Field Days + Road Runner Celebrations:
Field Day was just AMAZING this year!! We loved every minute of it!! Field Day coincided with the Road Runner party after school, so they got double the fun!!
(Super thanks to Mrs. Skinner for these next 2 pictures...they are precious!!)
Happy little Road Runners!!
Last Day of School:
The last day of school was so very bittersweet. We love summer, but we lover our friends and our school :) (Thanks to Mrs. Bowen for these next 2 pictures....love our little duos to pieces)
Nora had her awards day on the last day of school. She received many awards....I'm so very proud of her. She has made so much progress this year and has really impressed us. Thank you, Mrs. Munoz, for helping her enhance her confidence and love for learning!!
Look at how Nora is looking at Mrs. Munoz.....she loves her beyond measure and would probably go live with her if I would let her!! Mrs. Munoz was put on this earth to be a teacher. She LOVES her students so very much, and she helps them find their gifts and strengths. We love you, Mrs. Munoz!! Nora has come so far because of YOU!!!!!
All in all, it was a WONDERFUL year!! Now onto 3rd grade, 1st grade, and many new adventures!!Cheers to the fastest school year EVER!!



















No comments:
Post a Comment