Last Sunday was just the biggest TEASE of Spring ever!! We couldn't wait to get outside and enjoy the day. While it was really a day of "doing nothing," the day was too pretty not to share. :) We packed ourselves a picnic (equipped with bologna sandwiches and pizza rolls), and headed up to the Fairfield dam to enjoy the BEAUTIFUL weather!!!
Perfect day for a kite!! Real men fly Barbie kites!!
Teaching Clairy the kite tricks!!
She quickly got the hang of it all by herself!! Big girl :)
She flew that kite for over an hour. I might add that the kite was a gift from Mammie.....she continues to give us sweet memories :)
Such a B-E-A-Utiful day in the neighborhood!!
Meanwhile, the big girls would run and frolic with Henry. :)
Baby girl kept right on flying that kite!!! :)
Spot the kite??
We also played a killer game of Frisbee :)
Here's what happens when I attempt to throw the Frisbee at the camera like the husband. I'm so athletic and graceful. And I have great aim.
A few photo-ops :)
My favorite glasses ever!! Seriously. I absolutely LOVE them.
Such a fun, perfect day with our little girlies.....and little dog :)
I bet the Heavens have skies like this :)
While he thinks he's soooo funny.....
Clairy thinks that he wants to play "getty-up horsie!!" HA!!!
THE HILLS ARE ALIVE!!!
Oh man....Daddy has that "little girl frolic" DOWN PAT!!! :)
After channeling our inner- Julie Andrews, we headed over to take our first family boat-ride of the year!!!
Henry found his new spot!!
Cruising....on a Sunday afternoon!!
The girls got a little chilly after a while, so Daddy cocooned them. So much for that shirt!!
Henry is king of the world!!
Not really.....he's actually the biggest bum ever.
He's a great little guard-dog, though!! "Don't fall in, Daddy!!"
Goodbye, water!! Until next time.....
That night, Josh and I were discussing what a great day we had, and we realized that we hadn't spent a dime all day long. A simple reminder for us that the best things in life are free!!
Cheers to all the beautiful days that the Lord has made!!
Cool shades
ReplyDeleteDaryl