Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Take Me to the River....Put Me in the Water.

Well, I'm officially OVER the winter. I could use one or two snow days, then I am done. DONE. As I sit here hating the drizzly, frigid weather, I long for summer.....and I realize that I never posted about our last summer adventure this past August. Right before school started, we headed up to Elijay and rented a cabin right on the Elijay River. Such a fun weekend!!
Pondering what bait to use:
Our little free spirits. They basically don't wear pants in the summer. Sorry.
Gonna get in the hot tub!! Gonna make you sweat!!

I think we all gained 10 lbs. in one weekend. We ate very large meals at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.....then snacked in between. Fatties.
We did a lot of fishing!! Of course, who caught the most fish?? ME!!!! Yet, no one could seem to find the camera when I made my big catches.....they totally did that on purpose!!
Attempting to bait her own hook :)
Ella and her giant stick:
Little monkey:
Some fireside fun:
The next day, we spent more time wading in the water :)

We also spent lots of time on the hammock. My favorite thing EVER!!



All that water, food, and hammock-swangin' made one little girl very sleepy :)
But once she woke up, she got butt-naked (per usual) and was ready to GO!! I'll leave you with a little picture of my exhibitionist:

Thankfully, she has outgrown the "getting butt-naked all the time".....A LITTLE BIT, anyway.

Oh, summer, how I long for you!!

Cheers to summer memories, and the many more to come!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment