I am truly amazed at the thought of having an eight-year-old. It seems like my Nora was born last week!! Actually, it doesn't seem like that long ago that I was eight!!! :) But I tell you what, with every passing year, I enjoy Nora even more (if that's possible). She's just so.......cool. Even though she is talented and lovely, she also has such a great sense of humor and is very quick-witted. She knows how to take a joke and give one. She is just really fun to be around, and we all enjoy laughing with her.
This year, Nora opted to visit The American Girl Boutique & Bistro as opposed to having a big party. So, the Sunday before her birthday, that's just what we did!! It was our very first visit, and we had an ABSOLUTE BLAST!!
Even though the girls were dying to go to the bathroom (because it took us 58 hours to get to North Point Mall from our house), they had to stop and take pictures of the store.....such little divas.
We were so enthralled by North Point Mall. It puts our measly Arbor Place Mall to SHAME. Sigh.
So excited to finally shop in her birthday pin!!
Nora got Caroline, Ella got Isabelle, and Lilah got Lilly......plus, many accessories, of course!!
Time to take our dolls to the bistro!! They were very excited that their dolls got their own chairs, plates and silverware. :)
Best little "girls' day" ever!! :)
Singing "Happy Birthday!!"
The rest of the family met us back at home to enjoy cake and ice cream. :)
All that partying wears a little cowgirl OUT. :)
The next day (Monday, September 22nd) was Nora's actual birthday. She was so excited to go to school!! She was greeted with a birthday hug from Ms. Bonheur who shares the same birthday with Nora. I remember Ms. Bonheur being so very excited 8 years ago when Nora was born on her birthday. :)
During Morning Assembly, Nora not only received her birthday recognition, but she also got to recite the pledge in front of the entire school :)
I also snuck a picture of her passing out birthday ice cream to all of her friends at lunch. :)
After school, Daddy and I had a surprise up our sleeve for our birthday girl. Since the fair was in town, we decided it would be the perfect surprise for our girl. I think it was a hit....
We always go visit the animals first at the fair. The bunnies were extra sweet!!
Goats and sheep!! :)
Twinsies!!!
The groovy robot is always a favorite!!!
Clairy also thought he was cool, but she kept her distance. :)
But, the big girls couldn't get enough of him. :)
Mama couldn't either :)
Nora could not BELIEVE that he actually knew her name and wished her happy birthday. What a priceless face. :)
Off to ride the rides!! AND, it was "Buy the $15 bracelet and ride ALL the rides" night......SCORE!!!!
Claira's first-ever "big-girl" ride!! Of course, her "Bobby" had to ride with her. :)
She approved......weeeeeeeeeee!!!!
They rode everything. EVERY.THING.
They all 3 squeezed into the "Beulah Bee!!"
My favorite fair spot with my favorite girls:
And, my favorite food. Don't hate.
After getting geeked-up on funnel cakes.....
.....and being silly with our newly-won crowns.....
.....we opted to further our sugar-intake with homemade ice-cream. Duh.
While heading out, we spotted a line dance on a random stage. Of course, our birthday girl ran up and led the dance. When it comes to dancing, she definitely ain't skerd. :) :) :)
It was such a perfect birthday for my perfect 8-year-old. I so enjoyed spending these fun times with my silly crew.
NoraBean - No words could ever express how much I love you, or how proud I am of you. No words.
Happy 8th Birthday, my love.



No comments:
Post a Comment