Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Cowboys ~n~ Cuties!!!

Two weeks ago, we (along with Mama and Lea.....who had just recovered from some crazy food-poisoning fiasco) headed out to our local "Villa Hicka" Rodeo!! It was a mud-slingin', tobacco-spittin' GOOD TIME!! Of course, we all had to gear-up in our cowboy-attire....
We were greeted by the Donkey Dude....


.....and got ready for the show to start!!
Ella was so proud of her cowgirl outfit....she was the only one who kept on her "costume" for the majority of the time. The rest of us were TOO HAWT to sport all those clothes (it had been raining, for like, a billion days straight, so the humidity was utter nonsense). 
Here's everyone (minus me, who's never in any friggin' pictures because I'm always the one TAKING the pictures!!) ;)
This was the ONLY picture taken of me that night.....isn't it LOVELY??? I don't know what Mama was telling me, but obviously it was something unpleasant. :)
But I'm so thankful to have her as my best friend.....someone to share anything and everything with!! The good, the bad, and the ugly!! Whatever she had just whispered to me, she found it amusing.....I'm sure it was something about smelling the horse manure! :) :)
Finally, it was time for the show to start, and it opened with a helicopter that landed right beside the arena (talk about a dust-storm!!)
While all parts of the show were great, our favorite was the flag-guards, especially when they unveiled the flags of all of our troops fighting for our country. That, accompanied by a recording of "I'm Proud to be an American," was both tear-jerking and prideful all at once. Lately, there has been an extra amount of craziness in our nation, and the media does its best to throw fuel on the fire and break us in half. But still, it is the GREATEST place on the face of the planet!! My freedom is something that I take for granted all the time....but what a blessing it is!!
Nora tried to get a few up-close and personal encounters of the show, but she kept running back yelling, "It STANKS!"
Of course, the girls' favorite part was the rodeo-clown!
Meanwhile, we really enjoyed the cowboys and cowgirls showing those horses and bulls "who's boss" (but it's always fun to see one get thrown off a time or two....as long as everyone is OKAY!!!)
They invited the kids into the arena to run after a calf at one point. Nora and Ella opted to watch from the sidelines.....Mama didn't raise no fools!!! :) :)

Such a rootin' tootin' and FUN night with all of my favs!! While I have never been a huge fan of country music, I have always loved the song "Cowboys and Angels." and I was extremely grateful for all the cowboys and angels that night!!

Cheers to stinky animals and good ol' country fun!!

YEEEEE- HAWWWWW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment