But still, the ocean was unreal....it's so cool to be out in the middle of the ocean to see some of God's most breath-taking creations. Josh couldn't get enough.....I kept snapping pictures of him watching the water.
But I can't say that I blame him. Here's our view from the back of the boat:
Aside from the unbelievable ocean, the FOOD was also a slice of heaven!!! I put on about 40 lbs with the 24-hour food at our fingertips....including lobster tail, steak, sushi, hibachi, mexican, pizza, and endless desserts!! Everything was SO YUMMY......everything, that is, except this:
And THAT, my friends, is a fried hard-boiled egg!! NOPE. I got one of these thinking it was some sort of delicious breakfast quiche....but clearly, I was wrong.
Every morning, these birds would fly out in the middle of the ocean to "beg" people who were sitting on the balcony for some breakfast. I tried my best to feed them because I figured the DESERVED IT.....flying all the way out to the middle of the ocean and all. I should've shared my fried boiled egg. :)
On Friday, we headed over to the Bahamas to explore a day at Atlantis. As we were disembarking the ship the Disney cruise pulled up right beside us....THAT will be our next cruise....it was BANGIN'!!!!
Atlantis was.....WOW!!!!
The resort has several water parks, museums, casinos, aquariums, restaurants, activities, malls, and SO much more!! Crazy.
It also has 43,278 pools.....
.....TONS of waterfalls....
(the waterfalls brought out Josh's inner-Fabio)
There were also many signs around the property such as this one. I love places with such a good sense of humor in this uptight world we live in.
We, then, went on the "safari-ish" walk around Atlantis....
Until Josh heard one of his favorite Rihanna songs, and I couldn't get him to focus after that.
We then went over to one of the aquariums...
.....where Josh met a new friend!! :)
Truly awesome!!! :)
Finally, we got to go hang out at the beach (these next two pictures are not enhanced in any way....isn't that water incredible??)
Next up, we headed over to one of the various outside bars. All of the ceilings had the coolest murals....Josh needs to do that to OUR ceilings!! ;) Do work, husband!! ;)
After drying off and having our fill of "refreshments," we went over to the mall for some souvenirs. Josh found a big souvenir:
We couldn't go home without buying our babies some trinkets (and my mama some saltwater taffy).....but we decided against the $150 giant turtle, and opted for some nice $16 magnet-mermaid puzzles!! :)
After a perfect day in paradise, it was time to re-board our ship!!
Saturday was our "Day at Sea," which to me, was the BEST. One of our all-time favorite things to do is people-watch by the pool!!
However, Josh was quickly "spotted" and forced into the "Hairy Chested Man" Contest. This, hands down, was one of the highlights of our trip. It involved a ton of dancing in front of a very large crowd:
Josh made it down to the Final 3....and the Final 3 had to partake in a "Shower Scene." IT.WAS.GLORIOUS!!!
For your viewing pleasure, I'll grant you just a small snippet of this awesomeness that aired on the TVs numerous times throughout the entire ship!! Again, GLORIOUS!! Josh instantly became one of the celebrities of the ship. I won't post the entire thing....it's not for the weary!! ;)
Josh winded up coming in second-place (he lost to an 70ish-year-old man who TOTALLY deserved to win!) However, I was very proud of him. He was such a good sport, and was pretty much forced to do the entire thing, but as always, he did so effortlessly and without complaining. He just makes everything....EVERYTHING....FUN!!!!!!! This trophy now stands proudly on our mantle:
We spent the majority of the rest of the evening in the secluded hot-tubs "in hiding." :)
We had one more delicious dinner together and enjoyed each other so much....
But were ITCHING to get back to our babies!!! Still, such a perfect time with a perfect hubs!!
In the words of Smokey Robinson (one of my all-time favorite singers):
"Baby, let's cruise.....
away from here...."
(but next time, NOT without the kids!!) ;)


































No comments:
Post a Comment