Saturday, October 8, 2016

A Summer '16 Wrap-Up!!

Since it's FINALLY fall (and FINALLY feeling like it - goodbye 90-degree temps), I need to do a summer recap. It was a wonderful, but very fast summer!! While we were able to go on a few quick trips, we mostly enjoyed our summer at home. 

Lake Life
We spent a lot of time on the lake, always with Captain Henry leading the way, of course:
Swimming with the geese:
Claira has really, really, really grown fond of fishing. It's honestly one of her favorite past-times:
She's pretty good at it, too!!
Henry likes to fish, too!!!
Here's a little video of her reeling in a "big catch!!"
So proud of herself:
Meanwhile, these other two are "calling the ducks" (which sounds more like they have explosive gas), and having dance parties. 
Boat rides usually ended with us coming home and playing "dress-up" for the rest of the night. Here's a little "good v. evil." :)

One Last Time at the TED
Lea scored us some free Braves tickets, so we had to go to one more game at Turner Field. What great memories we've had there!! I'm grateful we got to enjoy it one more time....
Idget. AND, she had a gimp back, so she was actually walking around like this the majority of the time:
 Daddy tried his BEST to get on the big screen one last time. He failed, but it was their loss - they missed a great opportunity:
 Heading out for the last time, and it was extremely bittersweet. This will always be Braves Country:

Guns-N-Roses Concert
So, Guns-N-Roses (including Axl) came to Atlanta, and we HAD to go. Honestly one of the best concerts I've ever been to!! Had to stop by Taco Mac to grub with Gub first :)
The most hilarious car-ride ever...
Everyone (EVERYONE) was sporting their best GNR attire.....except Gub. He got confused and thought he was going to a golf tournament.
Here we go!!
Good ol' Axl - I was honestly not expecting too much out of him, but I gotta give it to him. He was GREAT!!! A one-of-a-kind!!
And, of course, there's SLASH!! I loved Slash even as a little girl. I remember loving his hair (because it was like mine), and I loved seeing him perform with Michael Jackson when I was young. He is still so amazing. One of the best guitarists on the planet!!
It was neat that they paid tribute to another great guitarist!! #prince
One of my very favorite Guns-N-Roses songs is "Sweet Child of Mine." My daddy used to tell me it was written for me :) But now, when I hear the lyrics, I think it was written for each of my girls....."She's got eyes of the bluest skies...."
Such a fun, memorable night with some of my favorite people:

Six Flags Fun!!
We finally bit the bullet and bought us some Six Flags season passes like everyone else in Atlanta!! I feel like we've lived there within the last month!! For our first visit, Clairy said, "That's a tall rollercoaster. I bet you could touch Jesus up there." <3
Monster Plantation!!
Not only have the girls been able to take some of their BFFs to the park, but I've run into some of my old BFFs. SCHS reunion at Six Flags!!
Daddy was REALLLLLLY excited to ride some rides.......
.....and not so excited to ride some others:
Love doing life with this guy. He keeps us all young. 
 Our passes get us into to White Water also!!! SCORE!! So, we HAD to get one trip in before it got too cold. But, of course, we had to swing by the Big Chicken first. Nora's favorite, seriously: 
 A day of freezing wet fun!!
 After her very first trip to White Water, Claira went to bed at 5:45 p,m. (and snored like a man):

 Pool Time!
If you know my kids, you know they are little fish who can't get enough of the water, so we were at a pool almost everyday. Claira always has to "gear-up" - reminds me of the Christmas Story:
Even though Claira is our bravest (or most fearless) child, she always had a little fear of jumping off the diving board....until this year!! I love her little excitement in this video. So sweet!!
The pool time was always fun after a Tech WIN!!
(*side note - here's how Clairy really looks in this pic. Crazy kid.)
Henry, however, doesn't appreciate Tech games too much. I wonder why....

Summer Movies
We saw a lot of groovy movies over the summer. I won premiere tickets to see Finding Dory before it came out in the theaters. It was sooooooo good, but I could only get one picture because it was top secret (they even took our phones - Disney don't play). Still, we had a great time with a little dinner and shopping before and after the movie in Atlantic Station:
 We also watched the Angry Birds movie with Matt, Anna, & fam. This is Claira's all-time favorite movie!! She says "it's wayyyyyy better than Dory." Whatever.
Little crazies:
We also had a girls' day with our friend, Kayla, to watch the BFG (such a great movie!!)
 We had to get our nails done, too!!
 We also had a slumber party with Lilah to watch the Minions Movie on the beach!! (It just so happened to be National Ice Cream Day, so we had to participate).
Finally, we got to watch the newest Star Wars movie on the beach with our favorite Bowens!! We had to sport our Star Wars attire!!
The kids got a little distracted by the sand....
 .....and the mom's got a little distracted by SnapChat. 

Summer Randoms
I'll end some little "odds and ends" that are too good not to share. We had a very early dental appointment one morning. Normally, Claira doesn't do very well at the dentist's office, but she did this time because of her high demands. Little Beyonce demanded to hold her puppy and wear sunglasses while getting her teeth cleaned:
Also, ALLLLL summer long, the girls made mock YouTube videos in which they would give narrated "room tours" of our house (like anyone cares). It about drove Mama and Daddy batcrap CrAzY. One night, Daddy got them back in the best way......
One night, Grandmommie took Nora back to school shopping. When they got back home, Nora and Paw had a little Elvis duet, and he posted it on Facebook. Facebook notified me 2 days later that the video had gone viral. Love to hear them sing together. Sweet, sweet music to my ears :)
I'll leave you with this: This is how Claira participates during our dinner blessings EVERY.SINGLE. NIGHT. Lord, forgive me for videotaping her during our prayer, but I just had to. HAD TO:
And, there you have it!! Another sweet summer in the books!!

Cheers to summer laughs and blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment