For Spring Break this year, our family of 5 (+ Henry) headed to the island of Cape San Blas. It was our first time there, and we LOVED IT!! It's so dog-friendly and clean and BEAUTIFUL!! It offers the "gift of nothing" and simplicity!! It was just what our souls needed!!
Believe it or not, I made it a point to leave my camera in the room on most days just to relax and enjoy and not go overboard on the photos, but I still took an overload of pictures.....it's a sickness, I know. Enjoy the MILES of pictures!!
The first thing we did when arriving (even before checking into our house) was stop for ice cream!!
Then, we hit the beach!!! In our pajamas that we traveled in and everything!! We couldn't WAIT to feel the sand and water!!
GB being GB
The girls were so excited that we could feed the turtles and fish right from our back decks:
Henry begging to go eat a turtle....
Our first full day was absolutely beautiful, so we played non-stop!!
Not a cloud in the sky!!
Tuckered out after playing in the sun for hours!!
Claira and Ella had a "clam collection" going on :)
Trying out the mermaid fins at the pool :)
Sad mermaid :(
At night, we would watch the Simpsons (HA!!!) and Ella and I would put puzzles together - one of our favorite things to do!!
We also took frequent catnaps....
....and took many early morning strolls :)
"Sunrise, sunrise, looks like morning in your eyes."
Daddy caught a lot of fishies (side note - we also watched a guy catch a 3-foot shark! Woah!)
Henry loved the fish!!
Fun by the sunset. My goodness, if you've seen a sunset on an endless ocean, you just simply can't deny that there's a God. It's my all-time favorite thing to watch!!
Checking out the bay at St. Joseph's Peninsula State Park:
The park had a beautiful beach.....went on for miles!!
Huntin' for alligators!!
The girls spotted a playground, and that's all she wrote.....it's like we've never been to a playground before.
Claira practicing her Superman skills:
Ready for a little night-swimming!!
Eventually, they get a little tired of me taking pictures all the time. Here's what happened when I asked them to stop for a photo while walking to the pool. They love me.
When your husband thinks he's a model:
Ready for another full day at the beach!!
I found some critters....
We built a giant hole.....aka a "mermaid pool."
Claira using her baby blues to beg Daddy for "more candy."
She wins!!
So much fun in the water!! Riding waves and freezing to death!! :)
Boogie-board wipeout!!
Chasing birdies:
Having a little dance party on the beach. The big girls were teaching Clairy how to "whip and nae-nae." Right.
I don't think that's quite how you "superman," but Ella tried. #favoritepictureever
Nora's got moves....
I think Henry gets embarrassed by our antics.
Playing a little v-ball.
A little more fishin.'
Cape San Blas is known as the "Forgotten Florida" which was PERFECT for us because we wanted to go somewhere to literally "do nothing." But, it's so "forgotten" that there is literally no restaurants on the island! HA! So, we traveled over to Port St. Joe to eat at Triple Tails (Nora was super excited about this one).....
.....and we also headed over to Apalachicola to eat some infamous oysters.
One of our favorite restaurants, Up the Creek!!
One happy Daddy.
One night, we decided to get a little "presentable" to take a few family pictures together. We started at the lake right outside our back porch. So beautiful and peaceful :)
We had just watched the Karate Kid movie....sooooo....
My goodness, aren't they beautiful?? And they're all so special in their own unique ways. I'm so proud and grateful for my girls.
Heading to the beach for a few pictures...
Little ballerina in the sunset:
A few more sunset pictures on our very last night:
Little gymnast in the sunset:
Ring-Around-the-Rosie
Feeding the one, lonely bird:
Just a man and his dog:
Daddy kisses:
So, I'll leave you with this: Henry decides to take a massive dump on the beach. THANK GOODNESS I had brought a bag of bread to feed the birds. Daddy had to use the bag to clean it up!! HA!! Nora gagged through the whole process!!
The PERFECT way to end our trip!! #bigdumpinabreadbag
Such a beautiful week to do nothing and enjoy the small things in life. We all need to just STOP sometimes to pay attention to God's beauty in this world. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to just stop and enjoy.
Cheers to beach therapy, and doggie-dumps in bread bags!







No comments:
Post a Comment