We were on "Fall Break" this weekend, and we headed up to the Blue Ridge mountains for some good ole' family fun!! We drove up Thursday night, got up Friday morning and dashed to take a ride on the Blue Ridge Scenic Railway :)
All Aboard!!
I begged Claira to put her little matching bandana on. She said, "I put it on for ONE picsher." And she did, and ripped it right back off:
The conductor stamping our tickets:
We loved seeing the leaves changing colors along the Toccoa River. So beautiful!!
Our whole crew:
The train dropped us off in Copperhill, TN for 2 hours. Just enough time for us to eat, shop, and explore the groovy little town:
GA/TN line!!
Hershey Heaven
Eating lunch!! The beer-battered onion rings were to die for!! Do you see the blue line on the table?? That's still the GA/TN line - it ran all through the city. Grandmama officially ate in TN, while the rest of us ate in GA!!
Eating in two different states:
Lea is telling me that I'm number one (like I didn't know). :)
Selfie, like always:
After lunch, we explored the sights:
Toccoa River:
Daddy liked the bear rug....
.....but I preferred the raccoon in a canoe!
Doing a little shopping:
Having fun with some festive props!!
Ice cream time!!
Boarding the train back to Blue Ridge:
After all that food and walking, we were tired:
REALLY TIRED:
We headed back to the cabin to greet Henry. He missed us while we were gone:
Next up: HOT TUB TIME!! (note the Barbies)
Yes, Claira is naked. What's new??
Daddy dancing to mine and Lea's rendition of the Dixie Chicks. We put on a SHOW!! I can't believe nobody got that on tape. We should tour.
Firing up the grill!!
After dinner, it was s'more time!!
Nice pose, Pops.
Always dancin'
Nora is preparing to tell a ghost story:
It was super scary!!
Smoky faces:
Catching toads!!!
The next day, it rained all day long, so it was the perfect excuse to lay around and do nothing all day long!! It started with a big country BREAKFAST!!
We snacked and watched TV the rest of the day:
Claira lost her clothes again....
Watching Tech lose. Ugh.
More hot tub fun!! It's always better at night!!
Since it rained all day, we couldn't do another bonfire, but we still had one last round of s'mores on the porch, and rocked our babies to sleep :) Until next time, Blue Ridge....
It was such a special, relaxing time with the people I love most!!Cheers to Mountain Memories!!

No comments:
Post a Comment