But, finally, SUCCESS!! Grandmommie was extremely proud that all 5 grandkids actually fit in her Explorer!! :) That's why she bought the car in the first place. :)
When we arrived, we hit up the flamingos first. I've always heard that they are pink because they eat so much shrimp....I need to research the truth in that....especially since that's what I've told my kids....
Fake Feline Photo-Ops:
Stinky elephants:
The big girls got the opportunity to "paint like elephants" using big trunk-like brushes:
Believe it or not, elephants are brilliant, and many can paint....like, wayyyyyyy, better than me. Watch this, it will blow your mind (obviously, this was not taken at the Atlanta Zoo, but it's one of my favorite YouTube videos. It blows my mind. Maybe, I'm a nerd):
More photo-ops and animal-gazings:
The Petting Zoo ~ Always a favorite!! :)
Ella kept asking me if this particular goat had an "utter" or if it was "something else." I honestly had NO IDEA!! Whatever it was, it was very large!! I just responded with, "I don't know, baby. That's just how God made it." Wow.
The "shim" goat....with very large "mystery-parts."
Sweet, big sis making sure Clairy washes those hands thoroughly after touching the stankin' animals.
I don't know why we really bother to go the zoo....we witness these monkeys on a daily basis.
PANDAS!!!! Every time I go to view the pandas, I tend to sing South Park's "Sexual-Harrassment Panda" in my head. Anyone else do that?? No??
Claira thought pandas were pretty lame. She preferred to just swang. Basically.
Orangutans!! The kids?? Or the monkeys??? Either way....
A little play time....
A little ice cream time....
I think he thinks I'm about to take his vanilla.... :)
A photo-op with Willie B. And yes, this is the BEST I could do with all 5 kids....they don't necessarily cooperate during the picture-taking. :)
Ella: "Come look at THIS MOWNKAY!!!" :)
Being dramatic (per usual) about seeing the snakes in the reptile house. They just "died," if you can't tell.
Drama-queens or not, they are still darn cute.
Little birdles.
Lions and tigers.
Once again, Claira had no interest in the felines, but preferred to steal things from her cousin.
Such beautiful creatures. Makes you aware of God's creations, big and small.
Zebras.....
....and GOOD-LOOKIN' WOMEN!! Hot dang!!!
The bird house......another favorite!!
Again, not very hyped about the "bird-feeding," but they were scheming something....
They spotted, yet another, playground.
So merry on the Merry-Go-Round
Waving to the big girls, every single time they went around. :)
Train ride!!!
Okay. THIS was my favorite picture of the entire day. They train takes you into several tunnels which are pitch-black. I snapped a picture of Matthew in the pitch-darkness. His face shows his terror, but I still laugh hysterically every time I look at it. Bless his sweet heart.
Meanwhile, crazy girl is having her own personal pitch-black party.
Right after the train ride, a storm came a brewin.' So, Grandmommie and I rushed the youngins' back to the Explorer (which, mind you, I thought Grandmommie and I might keeeeeeeel over while running up that redonkulous hill with 5 kids). Still, the Lord favored us, and gave us just enough time to get the kids in before the bottom fell out. Despite the fact that Grandmommie and I were panting, sweating, and ready to resuscitate each other at any moment, the kids looked like this within 3.5 minutes of being in the car:
We came home and recounted our experiences with paint and glitter.
Claira basically just painted herself. But, ya know. Yesterday, she also dumped a bottle of glitter over her head, then attempted to suck it out of her scalp with the portable vacuum cleaner. Sigh. And look at that face. She don't even care.
All in all, a perfect day. One I won't forget.
The Nezlets conquered the zoo!!!!!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment