Sunday, April 28, 2013

Nora's First Piano Recital!!!

Since Nora is our little music-lover, she has been taking piano lessons for about 3 months, and she has gotten pretty good!! While she is still learning her very basic skills, she is able to read music, she knows "which keys are which notes," and she has no trouble playing with both hands simultaneously even without looking. Yesterday was her first piano recital, and we were so extremely proud of our girl!

The performance was held at Grace Presbyterian Church in Douglasville which was a beautiful church:
Nora was pretty nervous, so Ella loved on her a bit (which was nice since they'd been fighting like cats and dogs all morning):
After going in the church, we were greeted with her fan-base. (And believe it or not, I did NOT say to make a goober-face, although 95% of the people pictured are doing so).
Here is Mrs. Sarah, Nora's piano teacher, welcoming everyone and introducing her students:
Nora was the very first "performer!!!"
She performed "Merrily We Roll Along" which was a simple song very similar to "Mary Had a Little Lamb." But she did PHENOMENAL!! Have a listen:
After the entire performance, Nora received lots of lovin' from her fans:
 Grandmommie and Paw-Paw brought Nora some beautiful flowers, so Ella "delivered" them:
And of course, we had to get some piano shots with the lovely flowers:
 We went to the reception to thank Mrs. Sarah. Nora REALLY loves her:
And we then went outside to get some shots of all Nora's fans :)
 Some of the piano music was so beautiful at the recital that it almost put both Paw-Paw and Claira to sleep. Check out her top chiclets!!
How do we celebrate everything?!?! WITH FOOD!!!!! So we headed over to Taco-Mac to have lunch and watch the Braves and NFL Draft:
I can't stress enough how proud we are of Nora. She is such a smart, sweet, and talented little creature. After watching her play the piano for the last couple of weeks, she actually inspired ME to want to play the piano. Here's Nora and I playing a Rhianna song entitled "Stay" during Spring Break two weeks ago (it really bites, but I wanted Nora to know that she truly inspired her mama to try something new.......but then again, my kids inspire me everyday!!) :)
I will end with this: The day before the recital (April 26th, 2013) marked the one-year anniversary of the day our precious "Mammie" went to be with the Lord. So, in honor and remembrance of her, my girls and I all wore pink, Mammie's favorite color!! I know she was smiling down BIG-TIME on Nora with great pride uttering her favorite phrase, "I'm not surprised!" :)
(Also, our beloved gerbil "Rosabelle" went to gerbil-Heaven on April 26th. While the girls were so very heartbroken, Ella said that "Mammie will take good care of Rosabelle.")

All in all, it was a wonderful day, and we are beyond proud of our Precious Piano Player!!

She's the next Alicia Keys!!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment