I do believe that this school year has been the FASTEST ONE EVER, and truly the BEST one ever!! SDES has been such a blessing to myself and my girls, and I thank God daily for bringing us here. Here's some of the highlights of the last few months of our sweet little school:
Beta Club Induction
Nora participated in the Beta Club again this year and was asked to "light the gold candle" and speak at the induction ceremony. Truly such a GREAT group of kids:
Dress-Up Days
You know I'm ALL ABOUT some dress-up days!! We had so much fun dressing up for Dr. Seuss Week, and the 100th day of school!!
Just a bunch of Sneeches....nothing to see here:
Cats in Hats:
10-Year-Olds on the 100th day of school!!!
Douglas County Math Competition
Nora served on the 5th grade math team this year, and I had the opportunity to coach the 4th grade team. We had several "placers," and SDES took 2nd-place overall!! So proud of these kids!!
Celebrating with a well-earned milkshake!!
Road Runners Races
More racing for these kids!! So happy to run into Nora's lifelong BFF, Miss Faryn!!
Gearing up for the race:
Nora's Race:
4th Place Champ!!
Ella's turn!!
Of course, my phone died during Ella's race, but Daddy got some good videos:
All 3 girls placed!! They don't get their running skills from their mama!!
5th Grade Basketball Game
Part of the Mom-Club!! Old friend are the BEST friends!!
Terrance being the star that he is:
The cheerleaders, trying hard to learn the cheers as they go!!
Coach Duffey's team:
Coach Martin's team:
Mr. Schad kissing a "pig:"
Such a great group of kids!!
2018 Science Fair
Nora and Ella were excited (and somewhat amused) that they TIED for 5th place in the SDES Science Fair!!
Ella's Project: Seed Science
Nora's Project: Toothpaste Test
Since they placed at the school level, they were able to move on to the county level!! And low and behold.....
Ella took 3rd place......
....and Nora took 1st place!!!
So EXTREMELY proud of my little science nerds!!!
Honor Chorus Performance
Nora was selected to perform in the Douglas County Honor Chorus this year. They did such a BEAUTIFUL job!!
Nora was 1 of 2 students selected to have a solo. She opened the final song, "A Sound of Hope"....night a dry eye in sight!!
Current music teacher, Mrs. Griffin:
Previous music teachers, Mrs. Renick & Mrs. Escobar. We just love them ALL!!
Valentine's Dance
I've always heard that SDES has a MASSIVE family dance around Valentine's Day. So true.....they do it BIG!! Such a fun night!!
Daddy & his beautiful dates:
We found the stud muffin!!
Teachers doing the "TT" face (inside joke). :)
Dancin' with Mr. Duffey!!
The teachers got some groove, too.....or try to!!!
Spring Chorus Performance
Her biggest fans:
Talent Show!!
Nora and her friend, Maddie, participated in the SDES Talent Show and did and AMAZING job!!
The teachers also had to display their amazing "talents" - watch out for that "Duffey Floss" at the end:
Nora and her friend, Ryder, who came to support her at the Talent Show <3
Field Days!!
Field Days....another thing that SDES does SUPER BIG!!! Ella and I had our field days on the same day:
Nora got to serve as a "helper" for our field day with her friend, Ryder.
So grateful for our friend, Ms. Weeks, who snapped some pictures of Ella at her games while I played with my students:
Claira's and Nora's field days were the following days. So grateful for Aunt Anna for taking pictures and videos while I couldn't be around:
Also so grateful for my dear friends, Senora Edwards, for snapping pictures of my Nora while I had to be away:
/Tug of War is SERIOUS!!!
5th Grade Party!!
5th Graders got to have a party after school a few weeks ago to celebrate their successes in elementary school:
Watch out for that "Duffey Floss" again!! It's everywhere!!
Awards Days/Kindergarten Graduation/Last Day of School
So many awards and accomplishments to celebrate this year. So proud of our smart, hard-working girls!! Nora graduated 5th grade last Monday. I simply can't believe that her elementary days are over. Where has my baby gone??
Nora received numerous awards, including the President's Award of Achievement (which included a letter from President Trump), Perfect Attendance, and Honor Roll:
Ella-Bob (our little brain) also got a slew of awards!!The last day of school was truly bittersweet for her (and for all of us) - I just can't believe that this chapter of her life is already over. But I know God has bigger and better chapters awaiting.
The 5th Graders took one last walk around the school:
At the end of the day, I don't know who was more excited to have summer finally arrive..... the teachers or the kids??? #tagparents
I'll leave you with one of the most precious and bittersweet photos I've ever taken of the girls....this is the very last time all 3 of them will be in school together, so this was the last of "walking the halls" together. I'm so very grateful to God for this sweet school year in which we could all be under the same roof. What a special year!
Cheers to South Douglas Elementary......what a TRUE blessing it has been!!














No comments:
Post a Comment