Everyday is Mother's Day when you get to wake up to 3 sweet, SWEET girls!! But, these gals (and their amazing daddy) made Mother's Day morning extra special this year!! I woke up to a yummy breakfast and precious gifts!!

Mother's Morning at church!!
As I was taking notes, I looked over to see Claira taking her own sweet notes. Oh, my heart!!
That afternoon, all the mamas came over to have dinner (Grandmama and Grandmommie and the rest of the fam). I could kick myself for not getting pictures of everyone, but I think it's because we were too busy having jam sessions throughout the afternoon. A family that jams together stays together!! :)
A little serenade to tall the mamas:
Despite all of our togetherness and fun, Mother's Day was rather bittersweet this year because it was our first one without Grandma, who went to be with the Lord on April 30th.
Everyone that knew Christine Whitney had a special bond with her, and while she was only in my life for 20 years, she loved me like her own blood. Some of my best memories were spending EVERY SINGLE SUNDAY at her house during my 4 years of high school and most of college (that woman could cook like no other). I fondly remember walking through her garden with her and Clutch (her dog) while she told me all about her vegetables. I remember going out to eat Mexican with her and making her wear a sombrero (I wish I had a picture of that - her face was PRICELESS). So many memories still flood my heart, but I am so very grateful for them. She was a woman of strength, wit, yet gentleness who had a special touch with children, and loved everyone fiercely. I am forever grateful that she was my Grandma for 20 years:


And in case you ever wonder who Claira Jane favors:
Cheers to all the mothers!
Especially to Grandma, the mother of all.

No comments:
Post a Comment