Saturday, August 15, 2015

Back to School!!!

It's that time of year again!!! School has officially started, and it has started with a BANG!! :) It is SO.HARD.TO.BELIEVE that Nora is now in 3rd grade, Ella is now in 1st, and Claira will be in Pre-K next year. How? HOW?? Anyhoo, the girls got to go and meet their new teachers 2 weeks ago at Open House. Nora has some pretty FAB teachers this year:
That's right!! I am one of her teachers, and I get to teach her 50% of her school day!! Her homeroom teacher is Senora Gist (I am such a loser and didn't get a picture with Senora. We were CrAzY busy!). Senora Gist (Kenny G) has been my partner in crime, Spanish serenade, right arm, educational soulmate and confidant for 3 years now, and we have shared and taught our students together. I am SO GRATEFUL that we get to share Nora this year!!
All my babies at Open House!! Ella was stoked about 1st grade, especially her new teachers, Sra. Garcia, and Ms. Saylors!!
 First day of school!! Ella is yawning while she was smiling. It was EARLY!!!
 As usual, Daddy brought the girls to school on the first day.
 As you can see, Ella didn't wait around to snap a picture with Daddy. She was ready to get to her classroom!! She is my little social brain-iac who LOVES SCHOOL. She has come such a long way from that little, shy 4-year-old who cried everyday of Pre-K up until December.....Remember this?? Tears all around:

So very happy and grateful that God can conquer the fears within our children!! I'm also grateful for this year to teach Nora (she is SUCH a great student, by the way!! Much more well-behaved than she is at home). :) I'm grateful for my workplace filled with loving friends in every room, including my dynamite team!! I awake with gratitude, and I go to bed with gratitude. GOD IS GOOD.

Cheers to a new school year!!
I will cherish every minute!!


No comments:

Post a Comment