Thursday, April 2, 2015

Ella's 6th Birthday!!!

It's unbelievable to me that our sweet Ella is now a SIX-year-old!! Each year, I grow more amazed by her: her intelligence, her heart, her wit.....the list goes on and on. She is truly one special little girl, and she has made these past 6 years so incredibly sweet!! 

Though her official birthday wasn't until Monday (3-30), we started celebrating a little early on Friday night. Nora went over to her pal, Lucy's, house for the afternoon, so Ella and I had our own little "date-night." We started at Your Fired Creations to paint some pottery.....one of Ella's FAVORITE things!!
 Ella picked out a little dog to paint - it reminded her of Henry :) 
 All finished!!
 Meanwhile, I painted us a groovy little "N" to put in our garden. :) 
 We celebrated the rest of the weekend with a lot of Mexican food, frozen yogurt, and hiking through the woods. But FINALLY, her big day rolled around!! I've never seen her so excited to see a Monday!! As soon as we walked through the Beulah doors, Senora Edwards greeted her with a birthday crown and a goody bag :) 
 She was also the little star of morning-assembly. Mr. Bell gave her a birthday pencil.....
 ....and she got to lead the pledge of allegiance for the entire school :) 
 Daddy came to have lunch with the girls for "Dining with Dad." Perfect timing!!
 Cupcakes for everyone!!
 Right after lunch, Daddy checked them out of school for a little shopping and ice cream!
 We all met up for dinner at TOKYO - Ella's choice!! :)
 Love those dimples :) 
 CHOPSTICKS!! 
 The aftermath....they stayed in that position for an hour...
 The birthday princess!!
 She got to pick out her own "rainbow cake" - it was DELICIOUS!!! 
Ella has one more special request for this coming weekend (stay tuned)!!
Happy birthday, my sweet, sweet baby!! 

Ella - I am completely in awe of you. To say that you are special is a severe understatement. You are extraordinary, yet humble. I wish all people could see the world through your eyes.

"Look at the stars, see how they shine for you. And all the things you do."

I love you so very much, E-Bobs!! Happy 6th Birthday, my precious love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment