Monday, August 11, 2014

Summer Shenanigans!!

Well, school is back in session (stay tuned!!), so I want to recap some of our favorite summer shenanigans. We spent a lot of time outside this summer (and spent about a bajillion dollars in sunscreen). There's some things that summer MUST include every year:

BUBBLES:
If blowing bubbles were a sport, Ella would definitely win a scholarship!!
Ella prefers "lots of bubbles," while Nora prefers gigantic bubbles:
 Trying to "catch" a bubble: 
 SPRINKLERS:
There were many days we wished we had a pool in our back yard.....it was HAWTTTTT!!! So, we broke out the sprinklers and many occasions.....in our panties. :)
 Just FYI, the girls have developed an obsession for the movie "Grease." So in this picture, Ella is reciting her favorite line from the movie: "Tell me about it, stud!!!" She says this at least once a day with the goofiest face ever. Always a highlight of my day :)
 Clairy is not a big fan of the sprinkler. She just prefers to stay on the porch and throw sand in the dogfood.
 PARKS and WATERFALLS:
We visited many parks this summer, but our favorite was Cochran Mill....the girls were infatuated with the waterfall!! This was also Henry's first trip to a park:
 While the big girls played....
 Little girls decided to pass out on my shoulder. If I lugged that around everyday, I would be very skinny!!
 Finally, the sleepyhead got up and played with her sisters:
 They enjoyed wading and playing in the water!! 
 They found the waterfall!! 
 Climbing to get a better view:
 Right when I snapped this picture, a HUGE clap of lightning and thunder came out of nowhere!! We had to run up a giant hill all the way back to the car.....again, I don't know why I didn't lose 20 lbs that day!! A memory I'll never forget!! 

This is always a bittersweet time of year for us. Now that we are back at school and work, I miss getting to have these fun "summer adventures" with my girls. Still, I am very grateful that I have the opportunity to have them!!!

Cheers to summer shenanigans!!

No comments:

Post a Comment