Monday, May 19, 2014

1st Grade Celebrations!!!

Well, another school year has flown by within a blink of an eye!! Our little first-grader (almost second-grader) has made us very proud this year. Daddy and Grandmama got to attend her awards ceremony to witness all of her accomplishments (I had to attend a fieldtrip with my 3rd graders, so I couldn't attend.....broke my heart, but I'm thankful that Daddy took plenty of pictures for me). She was very excited to see Daddy and Grandmama when she entered the assembly:
 Of course, Claira (aka little rebel) had to STAND on the tables the entire time....
 Nora being called up to receive her awards: 
 She received 7 awards, both in English and Spanish :) 
 She truly adores her teachers (Sra. Garcia and Ms. Saylors), and has learned so much from them this year!!
 After the assembly, the immersion students came back to the classroom to sing some Spanish songs to the parents:
 Another celebration we had this week was Field Day!! Once again, I had to stay and play with my 3rd graders, but I was able to snap a few pictures (they had already cleaned up and changed clothes in these pictures. They had been SOAKING wet from all of their "Pirate Games"). Such a FUN time!! 
 Nora has many talents outside of school, particularly in the area of music. I truly foresee her becoming a performing artist of some sort. Last week, I secretly taped her singing "Let it Go" from Frozen with her Daddy. She truly belts it when she thinks "no one's lookin'":

I am so proud of my baby. Proud of her heart. Proud of her mind. Proud of her humor. Proud of her responsibility. Proud of her beauty inside and out. Proud of every little inch of her.

I love you so very much, Nora.

Off to second-grade we go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment