Friday, August 23, 2013

Tied-up in Tybee!!

The last weekend before school started back, we headed down to Tybee Island to spend a long weekend with my Uncle Gerald and Aunt Debbie. Tybee Island is one of my favorite places on Earth. When I was a kid, I used to go to Tybee with Uncle Gerald and Aunt Debbie EVERY year (some of my favorite childhood memories), so I'm very glad I still get to do that with them, and now bring my own youngins'!! Of course, we always have to stop by River Street in Savannah on the way in!!


  We had a little lunch in Savannah, where Claira gave the waitresses her newest "cheese-face".....isn't it just lovely??? 
 We also stopped by my favorite candy-store in the whole wide world, Savannah's Candy Kitchen. Even as an old lady, I STILL love to sit and watch the workers make candy.....and I still love to EAT the candy. 
 Clairy was fascinated by the "candy trains" that travel around the store. :)
 I bought my mama some saltwater taffy, and then we headed over to the ice-cream section. Duh.
 ICE CREAM MOUTH!!!
 Finally, we arrived in Tybee Island, and of course, we weren't there 5 minutes before the girls had their bathing suits on to jump in the pool. Gerald and Deb have a bangin' pool, equipped with a hot tub and waterfalls (jealous). :)
 The big girls REALLY loved playing with cousin McKayla. We've missed her so much!!
 Clairy loves McKayla, too, but she mostly loved the dollhouse!!
 After playing for a while, we decided to stroll down to the beach....
 I love seeing the HUGE boats come and go....one of my favorite things about Tybee...
 ....and of course, I love to watch our girls play for hours in their own little worlds!! So precious.
 When Nora and Ella were babies, they HATED the sand. Not Claira!! We could barely keep up with her. She would just run and laugh all over the place.....let's just say that our "relaxing" time at the beach is gone for a while. She's our little sand-crab. :) 
 When we got back to the house, the girls looked like this in NO TIME:
They were clearly tuckered out!! So, the next morning, we slept in:
....but then, we were up-and-at-em again to do a little swimming in the ocean!! 
 Daddy and Uncle Gerald (or Uncle "George" as the girls have been known to call him), were doing a little fishing.....
.....and they caught a shark!!
 While Ella thought that the shark was pretty groovy....
 Nora....well...not so much....
 That evening, we went to one of our favorite restaurants, The Crab Shack!!!
The girls love The Crab Shack because the get to watch and feed the alligators. :)
 ....and we love it because it's such a laid-back "hippie" kinda place with delicious food!! 
 After stuffing ourselves silly, we came back and chilled with the iPad for a little bit. I swear, these kids can work the electronics way better than us old folks. They were able to turn themselves into mermaids and what-not. Such a savvy little generation.....
 On our last day, we just hung around and enjoyed each other and ate....A LOT. But we did gear up to do a little night fishing. 
 Daddy had many little helpers to help him with all of his tackle...
He caught a sting ray on his FIRST CAST!! What a stud...

It was such a great time with our family. I love all of my Tybee memories,new and old, and I look forward to many more!! I'll leave you with a sweet "farewell" picture....
Until next time, beach!!

Can't wait to get tied-up in Tybee again. VERY SOON.






No comments:

Post a Comment