Tuesday, August 7, 2012

We have a kindergartner!!!

It is unbelievable to think that Nora is old enough to start kindergarten!! It is bittersweet for Josh and I, but I am so blessed that she is at school with me, with teachers who have known and loved her since she was "in the womb." Check out her adventures as a kindergartner....

This is actually during Open House last week. Nora is in the Dual Language Program at Beulah. This means that half of her day will be taught in Spanish, and the other half in English. It is so amazing to see many of our students of all races and backgrounds speak, read, and write in two different languages. I'm thrilled that she will be in this program with such magnificent teachers. This is Senorita Hutchinson....her Spanish teacher.

Nora's new homeroom - everything is in SPANISH!!! ;)

This is Mrs. Ooten - Nora's English teacher. I'm so blessed for these ladies to teach my baby....they are phenomenal teachers (and great friends). :)

This is the night before "the big day" - we read books about kindergarten, and also waited for the tooth fairy (Nora lost her second tooth earlier that day.....she had lost her first tooth a little over a month ago. She got five whole bucks!) ;)

She got up at 5am....and was SOOOOO excited!! I let her pick out her own bookbag a few weeks ago. Barbie it was. :)

We made it!!! Daddy brought her today so that Mama could welcome her brand-new third-graders. :)

We are very proud of our "baby."

This is the year for the "teacher kids." Many teachers and staff members have students at Beulah (particularly in the Dual Language Program). Michelle, Marla, and I have been close coworkers and friends for almost 8 years. I am so very happy that their kids, Terrance and Annabelle, will be with Nora as they learn and grow together. 

So there you go. We have a kindergartener. How is that possible??

Don't blink, people.

1 comment:

  1. Precious! What a special day for sweet Nora and of course u and josh!

    ReplyDelete