Well, we are off to new adventures at a brand new school this year, South Douglas Elementary!! It has been a true blessing. This will be ONLY year that I will be sharing a school-roof with all 3 girls, so I aim to cherish every minute!!
Nora - 5th Grade
Ella - 3rd Grade
Claira - Kindergarten
Mama - 4th Grade Math Teacher
Here we are on the very first day of school (Claira sporting her Ricky Bobby pose).
They are ready......
Wellllll, Claira wasn't a ready as she thought she was. Thankfully, Matthew (her hero) is in the same class, so he came to tame her tears:
How Claira felt about her first day #realtalk
So sad and hilarious at the same time.
(I'm very happy to report that she has now adjusted well and LOVES school!!)
So sad and hilarious at the same time.
(I'm very happy to report that she has now adjusted well and LOVES school!!)
During the first month (August 21st), we had a extended school day so that we could watch the solar eclipse - such a COOL experience!!!
That same week, Clairy was one of the first students to bring "Sprinkles" home. It was fun to document our experiences with her:
Ready for some football at our school=wide tailgate!!
Grandparent's Week - so grateful for our grandmothers who came every single day to have lunch with our girls (grateful for Grandmommie Carol, too!)
Guess who won the very first character trait award for "honesty?" 💗
Love their sweet love. So thankful that they have each other:
Little runners at the Fastest Feet Race:
Nora took 7th place in her race!!
Claira took 4th place!!
Their sweet buddy, DX!!
"I'm so proud of my first medal!!"
Right after the race, we headed over to the Douglas County Courthouse to watch Nora perform with the chorus:
Nora had a little solo (big solos coming in December!!)
Love seeing Mr. Duffey dress up all the time when the kids "Spin the Wheel!!" He's such a trooper and a WONDERFUL principal!!
If you know me, you know I'm ALL ABOUT those dress-up days!!
Western day:
Star Wars Day:
Pink Out Day:
Book Character Day! Charlotte's Web!! (I'm Templeton after he went the carnival and ate all night.....in case you can't figure it out):
Claira enjoyed her Character Dress Up Day - especially carving pumpkins with her class:
You can't scare us, we teach 4th grade!!
Oh my goodness!! We had so much fun at the SDES Fall Festival!! I have heard it was a festival like no other, and boy, I wasn't ready!! It was amazing!!
Of course, I spent the majority of my night in "the slammer."
Getting the hair painted:
A family affair:
Back in the slammer we go.....
Our beloved Mrs. Pierce!!
While the entire night was fantastic, the BEST part was that my mama one me a gigantic Santa in the raffle!!! Dreams come true!!
He fit in perfectly with our Halloween decorations!!
We had a Veteran's Day Program a few weeks ago(coordinated by Aunt Anna who did an AMAZING job!!) Nora had a little solo, and got to introduce the veterans:
Moment of silence to honor our fallen heroes - I don't think there was a dry eye in sight.
Clairy also got to take a field trip to the fire-station in front of the school. She talked about how cool the firetruck was!!
She's also become such the little reader.....
All in all, it's been a wonderful year so far (and I cannot believe it's already half way over!!) Change can be hard, but it is good, especially when God leads the change and opens the doors.
I'm very thankful for this new school family....
Cheers to SDES!!!!!
















































No comments:
Post a Comment