Saturday, August 6, 2016

Amusement Park Fun '16

So, school starts back on Monday, so this is the last weekend of summer vacation (*sobs*.....and *SOBS*). This has been the fastest summer EVER!! We tried to enjoy every minute!! Even by going to the amusement parks in the blistering heat (seriously, it's been 90+ degrees for the last 50 days or something).

Six Flags
We used our little free-reading passes to go to Six Flags like we always do once a year. But we really might have to bite the bullet and get seasons passes for next year - it is SO MUCH FUN!!!

You know us, always the first ones there:
Park not even open yet, and it was already 91 degrees (hence, I'm already looking like the hottest mess in town). :)
 Looney Tunes!! (side note - Nora got to dance with the characters during a performance later on, but my phone had already died. Stupid phone. Many of you will be happy to hear that I finally upgraded from that 1993 phone - HA!!) 
 First time in the new kid park - it was NEAT!! 
 Rollercoaster.....of love. 
 Splash Water Falls
BEFORE: 
 And the AFTERMATH:
 I had to teach the kids how to "catch the wave" after the ride:
 Riding Thunder River for the first time. I got drenched!!! Totally wedged under the waterfall for 50 seconds. Meanwhile, the girls were on the other side laughing at their poor ol' Mama.... 
Since I was literally SOAKING wet, we hit up the water park:
Here's where my phone died, but we rode it all, and ate it all, and experienced it all, and LOVED it all!! 

Midtown Water Park
We also went to our local "water park" :) The girls just can't seem to get enough.
Big sis, Ella, is always nearby. She always has been, and I assume she always will be. :)

Stone Mountain
Right after the waterpark one day, the girls asked to see the laser show at Stone Mountain......so, why not??? I mean, who cares if we were water-logged and exhausted and dressed like baby bees....
We eventually got up and got ready for the show:
Claira Jane, the Photobomber.
We even had time for a dance party. Never miss a chance to dance:
Finally time for the show!!!
Little wedgie there....
To this day, I still cry when they play "I'm Proud to be an American."
Go Jackets!!
They've added some new Star Wars scenes. My little nerds were TOO excited about those (Daddy included).
Always loving the fireworks, and now they've added FIRE to the mix!?!? Way to go, Giant Rock!!

All in all, my age is catching up with me. If you know me, you know I love to go, go, GO. But, I just can't hang like I once could. With that said, I am so very GRATEFUL for these little times that keep me young (even when they make me feel so old). Live for the little moments, and love the little moments, even the scorching HOT ones!!!

Cheers to being old, and working less to live more!!!

Goodbye, summer. Until next time....


No comments:

Post a Comment