Saturday, March 9, 2013

Toothless Wonder

I was going to keep this post for a later time, like when Nora had lost ALL of her teeth. However, Nora has lost THREE teeth within the last couple of weeks.....they're just falling out like crazy!! She looks like a little jack-o-lantern, and I LOVE IT!! Here's a little re-cap of our "teeth excavations:"

Tooth #1: Josh pulled Nora's first tooth on June 3, 2012, the day after Nora finished Pre-K!! The tooth fairy left her a little bit of money under her pillow, and also left her some "fairy surprises" in the mailbox (the tooth fairy did the same thing for Lea and I when we lost our first teeth). :)
Tooth #2: I pulled Nora's second tooth two months later on August 5, 2012. This was the day before kindergarten began. As you can see, her "big" tooth had already emerged from her first "pulling." The tooth fairy brought her TEN WHOLE BUCKS (I bet that's all she had on her....I'm sure it hurt her feelings a bit that she had to leave her last $10). ;)
Tooth #3: We waited a few months for the third tooth, but I finally pulled it on January 12, 2013. Once again, the tooth fairy ONLY had a $10 to leave (she needs to be more prepared when she makes her rounds).
Tooth #4: The fourth tooth was pretty special because it was the first TOP TOOTH!! I pulled it on February 15, 2013. This was the day that "Winter Break" began, and Nora had stayed home from school with a fever and pink-eye (thankfully, the red, swollen, goopie-eye had gotten much better throughout the day so I could snap a decent picture). :) The tooth fairy was more prepared this time, and brought her one of every coin (including a half-dollar and a gold-dollar) to help her learn the names and values of all of them! :)
Tooth #5: Eight days later, the fifth tooth popped out while we were in Panama City Beach for Winter Break!! Look at that SNAGGLE - have you ever seen a space like that?!?! :) :) :) Since we were at the beach, the tooth fairy brought her a "beachy" anklet and a cool pen that was made of floating-shark-teeth (the tooth fairy was extra-generous and brought Ella the same thing.....they haven't taken their anklets off yet!) :)
Tooth #6: One week later, Nora woke up at 5:00 am and pulled the sixth tooth all by herself!! Such a big girl!! That night, the tooth fairy brought her a "collage" that consisted of one dollar and four quarters with a little explanation of how 4 quarters = 1 dollar. :)
Now that Nora has lost almost half of her teeth, she doesn't have anymore loose right now (thankfully, or she would be eating yogurt and tomato soup......it's quite comical to watch her attempt to eat an apple). 
She is so beautiful with all of these holes in her mouth....

.....but it's just another bittersweet reminder that she's growing up.....TOO fast!!

Our gorgeous TOOTHLESS WONDER!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment