Friday, February 22, 2013

Our February PCB's of the PAST :)

Well, we're in Panama City Beach, and since the weather is oh-so-grody tonight, I'd figure I would share some of our PCB experiences of the PAST before I blog about this trip. This is the 3rd consecutive year that our little family has ventured here in February......February is about the only time of year that we can handle Panama City. However, Josh and I used to want to LIVE here, and would come every Spring Break, and every summer when we were teenagers and young adults. Here's a little PCB picture of us circa Spring Break 1999 (ages 17 and 18):
BUT, I would rather beat my face against an ice wall instead of come here NOW during Spring Break and deal with obnoxious teenagers and hungover college kids.....I know, I'm old and lame!! :) :) :) Nevertheless, February is the perfect time to come....the beach is filled with nothing but sweet, old people!! :)

Our February trips began in 2011....Nora was 4 and Ella was 1!! The weather was absolutely perfect this year, so we got to spend a lot of time on the beach...
 The seagulls were nutty this year, and each time we would sneak away to get some grub at Sharky's, they would invade our space.....the ate ALLLLL of our smarties and pretzels!!
Finally, we just gave in and started feeding the greedy goobers. They would take the food right out of our hands. :)
 We also experienced Gulf World which the girls LOVED!! It's like a mini-SeaWorld with live animal shows.
 One cloudy day, we headed over to the large pier.....we were the ONLY ones there!!!
 We also went to my favorite putt-putt place that was built in 1959....they play great music (as you can tell in this next picture...they were blaring some Al Green, and Josh felt the groove....)
 We also went to the Ripley's "Believe it Or Not" Museum....very neato!!
 And as always, our nights consisted of some "night-dipping" and lots of snuggling. :)

 So, the weather of 2011 SPOILED us, so it kinda bummed us out when the weather of 2012 didn't compare. Still, Lea came with us last year, so it was still a swell time (even though we literally had ONE HOUR of sun). :) And no, that's not a beached whale.....I was pregnant with Clairy-Berry. :)
Despite the bad weather, we had a Nintendo in our room to keep us (aka JOSH) entertained. :)
 

 So far on this trip, the weather hasn't been as good as 2011, but not as bad as 2012. We've had a great time so far......full blog to come!!

Thanks for letting me recap....I like to "back it up" when I can so that when the girls get older, they can read about things that occurred before I started blogging.

Never miss a memory!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment