Saturday, January 19, 2013

Happy New Year ~ Bring on 13!!!

The number 13 is actually mine and Josh's lucky number, so we are excited to see what 2013 has in store for us!! This New Year's Eve was one of the best ones yet because we didn't do NUTTIN'!!! We sat at home with our babies and had a swell ol' time!! The most fun was playing with sparklers!! We made circles:

 We broke it down a little bit.....frankly, no one can do the Austin-Powers-thrust like me!!! :)
We ran around like little cheerleaders with jazz-hands....
Nora and I made Venn Diagrams (my teacher-friends will appreciate that....it's all about the Graphic Organizer!!)
And Josh ended the firework fun with a heart for his wife.....or is it a butt??? Eh, either way, still pretty neato.
We came in and played a little music. Nora has become such a little music-buff (I guess it's bound to happen in this family). She recently started taking piano-lessons, and she is forever singing and dancing her little heart out. Here's a little clip of her singing "Blue Rocking Chair" while her Daddy plays the guitar. (side note----what you don't see is Ella dancing butt-naked to the far left....surprise, surprise). :)
We finished up our night making cookies, taking long baths, sipping hot chocolate, and falling out on the couch....

We didn't quite make it to midnight, but I would like it noted that I was the LAST ONE UP!! I always get made fun of for being an early bird. So, ha!!

Cheers to a new year of....

New memories....
New adventures....
New blessings!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment