Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

Well, I put on 6 lbs. over Thanksgiving Break, so I guess that means that Thanksgiving was a SUCCESS!! :) It all started the Friday before the break.....when you see the kindergartners coming down the hall dressed like turkeys and Native Americans, you know it's time to GO!!!! :)
 

It's so nice to have a whole week off for Thanksgiving!! Earlier in the week, we put up our tree (which needs its own blog), celebrated Mama's birthday (Fifty-Three, and feeling Spunk-EEE), and I actually ventured out to my first-EVER Black Friday experience!! It was crazy, but I got allllllll my shopping done!! WINNING!!

On Thanksgiving Day, we had lunch with Grandma and the family. Grandma always knows how to feed us right. :) Of course, Clairy went right for Paw-Paw....he's one of her favs!!

Then, she partied with Grandma and Matthew....
....and then loved on Grandmommie until she passed out!!
 After all the grubbin,' the big kids played a little "foosball" with stuffed bellies...
 After ensuring that we had our leftover-container "packed to the max" with Grandma's food, we headed over to Grandmama's to have dinner with her, Lea, and Slaten. Slaten greeted us with his awesome skills..
After munching for a bit (since we were already stuffed to our limits), we played outside a bit. We jumped (I can't believe we didn't have any turkey-VOM  after a day of gluttony followed by football and trampoline)...
.....and we swang, apparently.
And we took some "serious" pictures.
 .....and we just hung out and enjoyed each other. :)
The next day (after surviving the Black Friday morning madness), we went over to Papa's to celebrate with all the Nesbitts!!! Thanksgiving always starts with a prayer, and a pull of the wishbone to determine if Tech or Georgia will win on Saturday.....Tech won (not). The wishbone was VERY accurate this year!! :(
Uncle Rob (in his Duck Dynasty shirt) led the shouting match between Georgia and Tech....we are a house divided...
Some of our favorite things: Family and FOOD!!!
 Four generations of Nesbitts!! From the eldest to the youngest...
Yeah, I foresee trouble with these two in the near future....they're already schemin'!!
That night, the kids and Scott went out to do some sort of "Punkin-Chunkin" or something-or-another....????
But I think they just winded up with a "Pumpkin Explosion" :)



But good times, nevertheless!!

Of course, we truly missed Grandmother and Mammie!! They each knew how to make the holidays so special! Still, we rejoice in their memories, and are grateful that they both are in perfect paradise and peace. Plus, I bet Jesus serves a pretty bangin' turkey! :)

So very grateful for so very much!!

Thank you, Lord,
for my countless
and undeserving blessings!!













2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog :) you have the greatest stories, cutest little girls, and the best pictures!! Hope your Christmas is just as wonderful as your Thanksgiving was!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so sweet, Michele!! Thank you so very much! I hope your holidays are wonderful, too! xo

      Delete